Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sp3 Download Issue!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:59 AM

I had a power outage about 1/3 the way into the SP3 download, now updates is not finding it so I can finish loading it. Must be something marked so it thinks I have it already.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:08 AM

Service Pack 3

Clear the browser's cache and history
Clearing the browser's cache may resolve some of the behaviors. Follow these steps to clear the cache, and then try to download the component again.

1. Click View (for Internet Explorer 4.0) or Tools (for Internet Explorer 5.0 and later).
2. Click Internet Options, and then click the General tab.
3. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click Delete Files.
4. In the History section, click Clear History.
5. Click OK.

Clear the contents of the WindowsUpdate folder

1. Click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
2. In the left pane, double-click the Program Files folder.
3. In the left pane, double-click the WindowsUpdate folder.
4. In the right pane, click the V4 folder, click Edit, and then click Invert Selection.
5. Press DELETE, and then click Yes to confirm.
6. Open the V4 folder, then in the right pane, click to select the IUHIST.XML file, click Edit, and then click Invert Selection.
7. Press DELETE, and then click Yes to confirm.

Note When you delete the IUHIST.XML file from the WindowsUpdate folder, you clear the whole Windows Update installation history. Microsoft does not recommend that you do this because you lose your record of previous downloads. The steps in this section delete all your files except the IUHIST.XML file.

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 14 May 2008 - 08:15 AM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,741 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

Ok I looked where you said but I do not show an Update Folder. Under Documents and settings in user data the are three folders, which contain XML documents one in each.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users