Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Get Rid Of Google Analytics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tengal

Tengal

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:39 AM

hi

i don't know why each time i log on to any google related site i keep getting this error

"ssl.google-analytics.com has send an incorrect or unexpected message. error code: -12263"

this happened right after i went to the analytics website. i just logged in using my gmail account. i didn't install anything.

i'm using a firefox browser ver. 2.14.

also, the pages take so long to load now... also I’ve also noticed pages around the web occasionally hanging with the browser’s status bar reading connecting to ssl.google-analytics.com….

Please help me get rid of it. I don't really need it.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:37 AM

I use Google Analytics. I haven't had any problems with it. Did you accidently sign up for their new data sharing feature?

#3 Tengal

Tengal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

hi.
no i don't know what happened. my girlfriend sent me the link because i was looking for a way to track the visitor on webpages.
anyway, so i haven't installed anything nor did i sign up. i just went to the site and then i logged in using my gmail account.
after that i keep getting that same error message pop up. kind of irritating really. now i don't know how to fix this thing, maybe it;s some scripting problem... thanks for the reply

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

Apparently this has to do with the No Script addon for Firefox. You have to adjust your settings to block Google Analytics.

#5 Tengal

Tengal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:34 AM

hmm... how do i do that? haha sorry i am not familiar with this.
thanks!

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

I don't use Firefox so I don't know.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

Information on the No Script addon: Click Here

Should explain to you how to use the tool.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

I use OneStat Free to track my website statistics. Very Good!
OneStat Free
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#9 Tengal

Tengal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

hi sorry for the late reply, was out of town and didn't had access to any internet.
animal, thanks for the tip! i installed it and it works!
wildchild, i can't seem to get thru the one stat free website. "problem loading with page".

Thanks for the replies!

#10 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

Loads ok for me, Tengal. Try holding down the "Ctrl" key while you click the link. It will clear your browser cache.
If that doesn't work try clicking on the OneStat symbol on any page on my website.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#11 slaneyvalley

slaneyvalley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

Animal I just wanted to say 'thank you, thank you, thank you' one hundred times. For ages (almost three months) I have tried to find a solution as to why google-analytics kept popping up on my screen preventing me from updating my blog. It has been so frustrating and regardless of the google forums and indeed google itself I have not been able to sort the problem no matter what I did. Then I happened to come across this forum (by chance) and saw the advice you gave to Tengal who was encountering much the same problem. I decided to check your advice out (no-script addons) and it worked. I just have to remember to un-install when I want to watch YouTube video clips and so on. Basically using the toolbar as I need it. So thanks once again and I hope to use this forum more often.

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you were able to find a solution from my information. Come visit again. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users