Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windvd.exe Application Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kat91119

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

In running InterVideo WinDVD I sometimes get this error (even after a reboot and closing processes running in the background):

WinDVD.exe Application Error
The Instruction at "0x7c809783" referenced memory at "0x00ad569c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.

I assumed it just didn't have enough memory or something. But it only seems to appear on certain DVDs. For example, I have a box set which contains 8 movies, however, there are 2 movies per disc. Sometimes I will get the error for movie #1, and get it about 20 times, but when I run movie #2 on the same disc I get no error. So far out of the 8 movies its only happened for 2 of them and they are not on the same disc.

I've searched around for this error a time or two but haven't been able to find my exact error.

For some background information I'm running Windows XP SP2 and the program came with my computer. I don't know how to tell what version it is as it doesn't say anywhere - that I can find.

It wouldn't be a big deal, as I don't watch movies on my computer, but I do take screen caps from films for my website, and with it closing all the time its a pain in the butt.

Any help would be great thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

While it could be not enough memory, there's also the chance the memory you have is damaged. You can download and run memtest86+ to find out. You might try each memory module separately
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Kat91119

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

I took a look, but that all seems very foreign to me. LOL

Any idea on which one I want?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users