Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Rocketfish Webcam On Skype With A Mac

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Macster

Macster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

I just bought a rocketfish webcam (from Future Shop) because it was one of the few that were compatible with a PowerBook G4. I installed the webcam driver from the CD that came with it. When I open up the WebCam Monitor the camera the picture looks great and everything seems to be working fine. I can see everything I should expect to see like the top part of my body and some of the background. I then tried using my webcam with Skype. I went into Preferences and opened up the video tab to see a preview of how it looks in Skype. It detects my webcam with no problem except that in Skype the camera is zoomed in to what would be the top right corner of what the WebCam Monitor sees. If I close Skype and check the camera again in WebCam Monitor (being sure never to have both open at the same time) it once again shows the whole view with no problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Edited by Macster, 13 May 2008 - 03:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users