Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Random New Person

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Monk

Silent Monk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

Yep. Another new person on the forums. I wouldn't call myself the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but when the guys are sitting around talking tech, I at least don't have to continuously ask "What does that mean?"

Despite my handle, I am in fact a girl.

My computer has been kept alive and running smoothly for some 6 years or so, due to various upgrades (that I have done myself, thankyouverymuch), and modifications. Possibly it is time for a new computer, but I feel an obligation to get my boyfriends computer fixed/replaced before I ever get anything new, if simply for the fact that I can actually use my own computer without having to kick him off. (I'm sure you all understand the strain of not having your own computer to use for a long period of time....his has been down and out for over a year now.)

I like video games, although I really only play 1 PC game, WoW. Everything else is for my Wii (which I love to death) or my PS2......neither of which have much to do with computer issues, so, I'll just let that sit at that.

Oh, and I work in a book store, where, out of the dozens of female employees, I seem to be the only one who actually knows anything decent about the computer book section. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

They do indeed, welcome to Bleeping Computer Silent Monk :thumbsup:

#3 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

Yep. Another new person on the forums. I wouldn't call myself the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but when the guys are sitting around talking tech, I at least don't have to continuously ask "What does that mean?"

Despite my handle, I am in fact a girl.

My computer has been kept alive and running smoothly for some 6 years or so, due to various upgrades (that I have done myself, thankyouverymuch), and modifications. Possibly it is time for a new computer, but I feel an obligation to get my boyfriends computer fixed/replaced before I ever get anything new, if simply for the fact that I can actually use my own computer without having to kick him off. (I'm sure you all understand the strain of not having your own computer to use for a long period of time....his has been down and out for over a year now.)

I like video games, although I really only play 1 PC game, WoW. Everything else is for my Wii (which I love to death) or my PS2......neither of which have much to do with computer issues, so, I'll just let that sit at that.

Oh, and I work in a book store, where, out of the dozens of female employees, I seem to be the only one who actually knows anything decent about the computer book section. :thumbsup:

I only read the ones people think aren't being read.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

I not only read around 95 percent of them, I actually type out a welcome!
I can imagine you are in demand at the bookstore, then.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Oh, and I work in a book store, where, out of the dozens of female employees, I seem to be the only one who actually knows anything decent about the computer book section.

:thumbsup:

I had to smile at that.

Welcome to BC Silent Monk. I am glad you joined us. You will find we are a good community to hang out with. There is lots of good stuff between the pages, so enjoy!

It is nice to meet you - take care...

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users