Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Program For Full Backup?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:18 PM

Dear community
Is there a backup program out there that just plain works?? I just purchased a Maxtor Onetouch4 Plus external HD. It came with software called SafetyDrill. They tell you to test the CD it comes with prior to making a bootable recovery cd. They tell you nothing else. Searching the internet I come across folks with all kinds of problems trying to use this. All I want to do is make a complete backup copy of my computer. Sounds simply. Older Windows versions had backup utilities that worked fine. I started thinking maybe something else was available for software and that I could just use the Maxtor onetoch to store the backups. I looked at Norton Ghost. Again horror stories about problems. I then looked at Acronis True Image Home V11.0. I have seen positive reports but also a lot of negatives.
I run a Dell Optiplex with XP Home SP2. 148 GB HD with 89GB Free space
Any suggestions are most appreciated
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

Edited by Nawtheasta, 13 May 2008 - 01:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

I use Acronis, it's a good program. All programs take some getting used to, that just the nature of the beast. Have a look at Cobian Backup. It's a little easier to understand and it's freeware
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 LynnKnows2

LynnKnows2

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Hey there!! I totally hear what you're saying about looking for a good backup program that actually works!! :thumbsup: I used Norton Ghost for quite some time, but had some major issues with it!! I am currently using Macrium Reflect, which I am pretty happy with so far! It actually creates an image of your disk, and it's easy to set up a schedule for backups. Hope that helps!

:flowers: Lynn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users