From mid-May to June 26, 2008 we will be delivering several beta kits including your suggestions, requirements and bug fixes along with the new modules that we have prepared in the past year.
For more information regarding the beta and BitDefender beta campaigns, please go to http://beta.bitdefender.com
- Online Backup: BitDefender 2009 offers users the ability to backup sensitive data online to ensure it is secure if something goes wrong - like your computer is stolen or a hard drive failure. Unlike competitive offerings, BitDefender Online Backup offers incremental, versioned and differentiated backup modes to better meet customer's specific needs.
- Increased Privacy Protection through Instant Messaging Encryption: Supporting Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger, BitDefender 2009 ensures that no one can eavesdrop on instant messaging traffic between two PCs with BitDefender installed
- Increased Storage Protection with File Vault: With BitDefender 2009 File Vault, a secured storage space for personal information or sensitive files kept locally in your computer, encrypted data is stored that is invulnerable to theft or to a security breach.
- Improved Integrated Online Security: BitDefender Total Security 2009 provides users a full range of proactive protection technologies for secure everyday online activities such as banking, shopping, browsing or socializing. Web, email and Instant messaging traffic are now scanned in real-time for viruses, spyware, phishing and identity theft attempts.
- More control via Home Network Management: For home users, BitDefender 2009 provides the ability to manage the security of a home network from a single location. BitDefender software from other computers in the network can be remotely configured, while tasks such as scans, tune-ups and updates can be scheduled and run.
- Other Improvements include: an improved Gamer mode, a Laptop mode, increased performance with lower resources consumption, enhanced usability, and firewall (IDS and IPv6 support) support.
We're present now on as many technical forums as we can because we need volunteers that really know what they are doing when it comes to BETA testing. The testing is open for everyone regardless of their computer knowledge, but we would really love to have real close volunteers dedicated to this campaign. For your hard work we'll be giving out some prizes:
- Nintendo Wii console
- 32GB USB sticks (customized with BD logo)
- External 500 GB hard drives
- BD licenses (plenty)
Also there is a small "teaser" screen-shot with the interface:
Edited by Grinler, 15 May 2008 - 04:20 PM.