Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound After Reintsalling Os

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kenter

Kenter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hiya, Im not getting any sound from my speakers. When I try open Itunes it says "ITunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly."

Also when I open Device Manager there are 2 with an "!" in the other devices section. They are "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "SM Bus Controller', I've tried right-clicking them to update but it says "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".

I didn't get any CDs with drivers with the computer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

You'll have to visit the support site for your computer manufacturer to get the drivers for these 2 devices. Install the SMBus driver first, then the audio driver. After that your sound should work.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Kenter

Kenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hiya this is the link to my computers drivers http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...298&lang=en. Do you know what one is the SMBus Driver is?

Thank you for replying

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hiya this is the link to my computers drivers http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...298&lang=en. Do you know what one is the SMBus Driver is?

Thank you for replying

This one
HERE
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Kenter

Kenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hiya Thank you for replying managed to get the SMBus Driver fixed.

But Im still not getting any audio, Tried downloading the driver but it didn't work. Anyone get any ideas. Thank you!

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

The download didn't work, or installing it didn't work?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Kenter

Kenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Sorry never really explained myself there.

When I try download "Drivers for the Realtek High Definition audio solutions." it says "Warning - Microsoft Bus Driver should be loaded in your system before installing Realtek HD Audio driver"

And when I try "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update" it says "This update is not applicable to your system. Update has been canceled(9997).

I downloaded this :Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

Did the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver install correctly? It's a pre-requisite for the the High Definition Audio drivers.
You can get the RealTek drivers from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users