Jump to content
Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:46 AM
Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:04 AM
Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:07 PM
Welcome to BC bobcurlee
Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.
You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.
Further, ComboFix logs are not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums.
Please print out and follow the instructions for using "Vundofix". -- If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator.
-- If you receive this error: "Run-time error '339': Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid", a new copy and instructions on where to put it can be found here.
- Click the Scan for Vundo button.
- Once it's done scanning, click the 'Fix Vundo' button.
- After running VundoFix, a text file named vundofix.txt will automatically be saved to the root of the system drive, usually at C:\vundofix.txt.
- Please copy & paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
On the Scanner tab:
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:22 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users