Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infectedwith Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davisrelgep

davisrelgep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

Hello,
I accidentally clicked on a download button when I meant to close the popup window. Now my symptoms are,
Task manager cannot be turned on (which subsequently fixed)
Automatic Windows updates is permanently turned off
IE is constantly redirected to random sites
Sometimes images of bugs "eat "the desktop

I run Avast and Zone Alarm. I ran housecall from TrendMicro and One Care from Microsoft both of which found problems which were cleaned but the issues remain on the system.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated
Thanks Davd

PS Whilst I was awaiting a reply I read a few other answers (probably should have done that first) Just for fun I downloaded Malwarebytes and it resolved all of my issues. Of course this begs the question, What use is TrendMicro's Housecall, Microsoft's One Care live and Ad aware all of which were spectacular in their ineffectiveness. Still all is well that ends.

Edited by davisrelgep, 13 May 2008 - 01:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Just for fun I downloaded Malwarebytes

why not then post log from said program for folks to check out? see what yas done :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users