Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading My Video Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 asa_phelps

asa_phelps

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

Currently I have a GT5676 with windows vista, 4GB of DDR2 memory, quad-core AMD 2.3GHz Phenom 9600 processor, and a ATI HD 3200 integrated graphics card. Recently I got Crysis, and much to my disappointment I have a hard time running it, even on low, getting only around 10 fps. Some other games don't run as well as I'd like either. I'm not sure if its because of my video card or something else, so I was considering upgrading to a GeForce 8800GT ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130318 ).

Would this be worth it or should I try other solutions first? The rest of my system's specs can be seen at http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Gateway-GT5...roductDetail.do

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

The 8800GT is a good card to get. You shouldnt be disapointed though you cant play any games with only onboard video.

Check out this 8800gt

MSI 8800GT
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

As yes the 8800GT is a good card id recomend upgrading to Windows XP (Yes upgrade)

Heres a gaming experience for you :

2 computers in aLAN torney.

1st computer - Desktop High-end (Windows Vista) FPS : 4-8 on heavy parts

2nd computer - Laptop !!Half the power of the desktop!! (Windows XP) FPS: 30-50 Easy Peezy

Its up too you. Id order a recovery disk from your manufacturer so you can reinstall Vista when micro$oft doesn't care about XP any more.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users