Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dlngle

dlngle

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:53 AM

Hi for my first post I thought I would just jump straight in the deep end and come out with y I wanted to join the site.

I have my own website running off my own computer network and am all ready t publish it, however my games section is looking ordinary! I have alot of games(bout 200) but I want to be able to record peoples high scores in my site. I have a slight knowledge of php and action script I was wondering if any1 could help me make my site at least a bit as good as this 1 :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:15 PM

Are these flash or java games?

#3 dlngle

dlngle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

They are all flash games, I want to be able to put the games only my site and not in the forum. It would be good to be able to have the top scores and stuff flashed up on the homepage or something like that anyway. I don't want to directly copy your site or anything like that. Umm I can edit the flash games because I have all the .fla packages, they came with that games pack. Enough blabaring.. anything you can do?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:14 PM

I believe if you have the fla you can specify an url that it can run when the game is over. You will have to do some programming on your site to read the arguments that are passed via that url and store it in a database.

Cant hlep you much more as I do not know FLA

#5 dlngle

dlngle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:16 AM

K thx, I don't realy know enough to make my own script so i might try find a premade 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users