Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disapearing Desktop/taskbar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mayummi

Mayummi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

It started about 3 days ago when my Kaspersky Anti-Virus alerted me that C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe was an "invader" and asked for my decision whether to allow or block the process. I google'd what C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe was and decided to block the process (a big mistake, apparently).

Upon blocking C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe, so I noticed that my Spybot showed me an alert or change to my computer and kept show alerts one after another so I had decided to restart my computer. When I had restarted my computer and proceeded to logging onto my account, I noticed it took quite some time to load, but waited for it to load anyways. As soon it loaded into my account, I noticed my taskbar was gone as well as my desktop icons.

I've tried doing explorer.exe from Task Manager, it was only a temporary fix. Temporary meaning my taskbar and desktop icons did show, but they disappeared again. What I also had done was disabling my Kaspersky, which later everything was working properly but I decided to restart my computer again, the problem came back. As of right now, my taskbar disappears and reappears only to stay up for about 30 seconds then disappears again.

Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hello Mayummi,

I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't try to make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users