Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Called Cjbsphiiu

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 darkhawk

darkhawk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

I recently got Uniblue's SpeedUpMyPC program. In the startup programs section, I came across one called cjbsphiiu. It is listed as being located in c:\windows\system32\cjbsphiiu.exe I attempted to locate this directory in my computer's C:\ drive, but could not find it after showing all the hidden folders. It does not come up in a search of the system either. I have tried to find this on google and other search engines. I cannot find anything relating to this program. Is it a virus of some sort? Will stopping it from running at startup cause any problems? I really know next to nothing about computers, and this process was started because I continually get annoying pop ups that I have been unable to get rid of, as well as when I type, my computer will randomly skip spaces and letters in whatever I type. Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

If you can't find any reference to a file when doing an internet search I always suspect a virus/malware. Have you done any anti-virus scans recently and what was the result?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

If you can't find any reference to a file when doing an internet search I always suspect a virus/malware. Have you done any anti-virus scans recently and what was the result?

Uniblue's SpeedUpMyPC program I know that program too. You can really do anything with it. It only shows the registry keys that you need to delete. If you want to delete it you need to purchase it. I would also run some online scans. I suggust you remove Uniblue's SpeedUpMyPC from add/remove. That cjbsphiiu seems very Suspicious, I think it isn't safe to keep,even google never heard of it and also it is in system32 never heard of it before. Instead of using Uniblue's SpeedUpMyPC you can use other programs such as Registry Cleaner or CCleaner. It removes useless and empty or missing registry keys.

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

you can use other programs such as Registry Cleaner or CCleaner

Personally I would stay away from any registry cleaners. They often do more harm than good and I've read many posts on this forum from people who have seriously messed up their computer using a registry cleaner.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

Personally I would stay away from any registry cleaners. They often do more harm than good and I've read many posts on this forum from people who have seriously messed up their computer using a registry cleaner

In that case DON'T install Registry cleaner. I guess I should stop using it. I have backed up my registry though...
Anyways just run some scans and tell us if there was anything that the scans picked up.

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#6 darkhawk

darkhawk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

I had already purchased the Uniblue program months ago and have been using it since. It seems to work pretty well. I dont want to take a chance messing with the registry though. Like I said, I dont know a whole lot about computers. I did just purchase Security Task Managerand it showed up there with a 100% treat rating, but when I tried to quarantine it, the program locked up.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

Try running a free online scan.

Trend Micro HouseCall

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

Sorry I never knew you purchased it... If you purchased it that's a whole different story.
Since you purchased it don't remove it obviuosly, just run a couple of online scans that I mentioned above and see if that helps your computer's performance. Post the results back once your finished.

Regards,
Extremeboy

#9 darkhawk

darkhawk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

None of the other scanners I have picked up on the program. I use Trend Micro as my virus scanner, as well as Uniblue's Registry Booster, SpeedUpMyPC3 and Spy Eraser. The program doesnt show up on any of them, except the Speed Up etc.. because it shows me what programs run at startup. But the one I just purchased online called Security Task Manager shows everything running on your computer, including hidden programs and anything monitoring your keystrokes, mouse clicks, etc... Using that program I quarantined that file and then restarted, and everything seems to be alright. Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for taking the time to try to help me with this problem though, it is appreciated. :thumbsup:

#10 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

Glad that we were able to Help. :thumbsup:
Good luck

Regards,
Extremeboy

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:04 AM

Registry cleaners are of limited use with the Windows registry and provide very little benefit. OTOH - they are known to create problems when used (I've been the victim of this myself).

An interesting read on the subject: http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=61015
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for that thread very interesting.
You should read it :thumbsup: It discuss mainly about Will using Registry Cleaners speed-up my system and make it more reliable?
It will have no effect on system speed. There is an excellent chance it will make your system less reliable.
So what should I do about the registry?

regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users