Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blackbird Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 knocks

knocks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

I was directed to this forum to post about this. my problem is on Windows Xp.

I downloaded some kind of virus or trojan (I dont know) to my computer. Is malware the same thing? Here is a list of my problems:

1- "taskmanager has been disabled by administrator"
2- my desktop icons are gone, and the screen is a bright neon blue background with a yellow box in the middle that says "install spyware removal"
3- when it was working (briefly) I could not open and run any programs. I tried to run spybot S & D and I got an error message saying the path could not be found.
4- I was able to get my pc online and all images were red X's in the browser, and I could not download any new spyware removal programs.
5- I cannot launch windows+R key to RUN

I don't know too much about computers, but there are some things I would like to keep on my pc (I dont want to delete everything). any ideas on how to fix this???

I put blackbird virus because when there were viewable icons on my desktop, one of them was a pdf file with the name Blackbird Virus.

There was about 5 or 6 brand new icons on my desktop, the blackbird one was the only one I remember.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users