Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bwo1976

bwo1976

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

I ran combofix but i guess i'm not suppose to post it unless asked to do so. I'll post asap once told to do so i guess.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,856 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hello bwo1976 and welcome to BC,

I have moved your post out of the HiJack This forum because there were no logs in your post.

I'd like to address a couple things:

1) The hazards of running ComboFix and

2) The process and procedure for posting in the HJT forum here at BC
----------
1)

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
-----------
-----------
2)

Prior to posting a HJT log, we ask that you please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log. Following the steps in this Guide will allow the HJT Team to quickly help you with specific fixes for what may remain on your system.

Please complete all the steps in the Guide. If you have performed some of them already, then just continue with the next. There are instructions for downloading and running Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) which will create a hijackthis log for you, or automatically download and install the most current version of HijackThis if it's not already installed on your computer.

Please note that it is important that Deckard's System Scanner be run and a log created while in normal mode. If you run it and create your log while in safe mode, you will be asked to redo it again properly. When you have completed those steps, start a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum as directed in the Guide to post a new log.

When you create your new topic, please explain the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results. This information will assist GREATLY in removing any infections from your computer.

If you have any questions as you go through the preparation guide, please post them as a reply to this topic. When your HJT log is posted in the proper forum, please reply to this topic with a link to your new topic so that we know you are receiving help. Once that is done, a Member of the HJT Team will analyze your log and assist you with step by step instructions to clean your computer or otherwise advise what needs to be done.

Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users