Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor.win32.ardamax Extreme Virus Rkxr.exe? I Really Need Help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlueEyedFox

BlueEyedFox

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

I am extremly infected. I am infected by Monitor.Win32.Ardamax that keeps creating RKXR.exe files with diffrent names. I am not sure what to do. They keep appearing in the Windows folder. The only program running that I have that is detecting it is Zone Alarm Security Suite, RXKR.exe tried to connect to the internet several times but I denyed them all except the first one, one result had :FTP at the end, I believe this is a hacking trojan or something and I need help getting rid of it. Everytime I scan the Windows folder this comes up or something similar. It keeps renaming them but wont get rid of em

Posted Image

NOD 32 Antivirus
Malwarebytes anti-malware
SUPERantispyware
Counterspy
do not detect anything

This is a photo of RKXR.exe trying to access the internet several times

Posted Image

Edit:
I was able to manually remove them from the Windows folder. THere were 6 files, moved without problems. I find it strange hardly any of my protection softwares detected it but, it was so easy to remove.

I am still afraid they will come back when I reboot or something. Suggestions?

Edit2: Did system Restore and Rebooted, Everything was fine but nothing started by itself but I think thats just because everything was messed up from the system restore

Edited by BlueEyedFox, 12 May 2008 - 06:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlueEyedFox

BlueEyedFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

I was able to manually remove them from the Windows folder. THere were 6 files, moved without problems. I find it strange hardly any of my protection softwares detected it but, it was so easy to remove.

I am still afraid they will come back when I reboot or something. Suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users