Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Vs Ie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

I would like your opinion on the advantages of using Firefox over Internet Explorer..

Thanks
rlight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Are you looking for people's (personal) opinions or informed answers? Different people have different opinions, but I suspect many will say Firefox.

Anyhow, you might try reading this article: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6656808-1.html

Maybe you should try using it. And see whether you like it. It doesn't hurt.

I don't know about other people, but I use both. In fact as I write this, both are running!

#3 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

I recommend reading
Mozilla Firefox vs. Internet Explorer: Which is Safer?
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/secu/article.php/3698606

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

you said opinion, so I'll give you mine.

I love add ons. Seriously, I would die going back to IE of any type. If not for adblock, I would hate the internet some, I would almost bet. Also, since I don't really want to go for Safari, but love the safari skin, I'm able to get it. Faster rendering times than IE is also a bonus, especially with dial up. I also like knowing that Firefox is pretty much open source, or I thought it was. Anyways, its got so many things integrated into it, Its awesome. It's also got some stuff that is excellent for downloading video clips from youtube and the like that you can get. Integrated IRC is quite nice too. :D

Alas, firefox does eat RAM up a bit more than others, so I've heard, and has issues with using too much memory. I don't care that much, even though I only have 384MB... Still, its by far easier for me to navigate, and has so many other things that its definitely worth it.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

Certainly, the Mozilla folks have a winner in Firefox, and soon they will release 3.0, which appears to be much easier on resources. Another reason to use Firefox is that it is not a part of your operating system, does not use active-X controls and is therefore much safer.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 rlight

rlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

Thank you.

rlight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users