Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues With Dvd Writer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chhanda

chhanda

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M DVD Writer that used to function quite fine.
Recently I had installed Speedbit Download Accelerator Plus and Video Accelerator of which I had uninstalled DAP. The Video Acclerator is not getting uninstalled saying 'INSTALL.LOG file not found'.

Now the problem:
When I am using TDK DVD+R disc to burn using either Sonic or DVD Decryptor or even ASHAMPOO, it writes on the disk, but the same disc is unable to be read...i.e. the player is not recognising the disk.
The write carried out on a re-writable media (Maxel DVD-RW) is working fine.
I thought that there was some manufactiring defect with the TDK DVD+R disks, but used one to write in the laptop of a friend and it worked fine.
So I am quite confused as to where the problem could be.
It may be pertinent to cite here that I have burnt several DVDs (TDK DVD+R) using DVD Decryptor and Sonic and it was always fine.
On someone's advice, I have tried burning with a reduced speed too, but of no avail. Also tried after deleting "UpperFilter and LowerFilter Registry Keys" by regedit -> HKLM.

Thanx in advance if someone is able to help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

Sounds to me as if you might be using packet-writing mode...to try to burn data DVDs.

I'm not familiar with any of the burn programs you listed, but I would suggest checking the instructions for your burn program.

You don't want to use packet-writing to burn disks which you want to read on other-than-original burners.

Louis

#3 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

well... with VAP, i would reinstall it, check the install location for install.log and if it exists, save a copy of it, and restart, check again, if its still there, uninstall.. if its not there, copy your backup and continue to uninstall....

#4 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

you may also want to check this out

and its strange that in this thread someone is having the EXACT problem... right down to the brand dvd-r , unless of course its you posting there as well..

check to see if this file exists...

C:\PROGRA~1\SPEEDB~1\INSTALL.LOG

if not, i would suggest downloading the standalone of VideoAccelerator and installing it. It would probably seem that when you installed DAP, it came bundled with VAP, and when you uninstalled DAP, it removed the all important VAP install.log...

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 12 May 2008 - 11:15 PM.

#5 chhanda

chhanda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

I don't understand what u meant by packet-writing. I have been using Sonic to write videos from my video camera to a DVD. That was the standard package delivered in the laptop alongwith the DVDW.
Do you suggest another method ? I was using it since the last 2 years and has not failed me till now.

Sounds to me as if you might be using packet-writing mode...to try to burn data DVDs.

I'm not familiar with any of the burn programs you listed, but I would suggest checking the instructions for your burn program.

You don't want to use packet-writing to burn disks which you want to read on other-than-original burners.

Louis

#6 chhanda

chhanda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

you may also want to check this out

and its strange that in this thread someone is having the EXACT problem... right down to the brand dvd-r , unless of course its you posting there as well..

check to see if this file exists...

C:\PROGRA~1\SPEEDB~1\INSTALL.LOG

if not, i would suggest downloading the standalone of VideoAccelerator and installing it. It would probably seem that when you installed DAP, it came bundled with VAP, and when you uninstalled DAP, it removed the all important VAP install.log...

Yes in techsupportforum a friend (who had an account there) posted the same for my case.
I thought it might help to get more ideas.
Will carry out as suggested by re-installing it then uninstalling.
Thank you

#7 pajama boy

pajama boy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:49 AM

i have that problem too just now i could not install the speedbit video accelerator for it could not find the file INSTALL.LOG, well i tried copying the INSTALL.LOG file from the video accelerator directory and paste it on my desktop. then i press the .exe file or the UNWISE.exe, oh crap i forgot but it has .exe on it(try pressing all the .exe). after pressing it it would open a pop up and you browse it where you paste the copy of INSTALL.LOG file. Hope i helped someonw =.=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users