Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

Hello everyone

I keep getting this error message, when I try to download Adobe Reader 8 from Adobe's website. The message reads as follows : Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Interent Explorer\iexplore.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I do not know what this is or what is causing it. But right before this message appears, I get a message asking about a proxy? I have no Idea what a proxy is. So I click no for the proxy. and that is when the error message occurs. As far as I know of I do not need a proxy to download any programs. Could this be causing the error message?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wyzrd

Wyzrd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to do this but I wanted to say I get this same error whenever I run Registry Booster V2 by Uniblue. It starts the scan then after a certain point I get that error and the program shuts itself down.

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

Hello Wyzrd

I did a google search before I posted on here, And there are a lot of people with the same problem! They also get the Runtime error message. A few have found a fix, but what I saw I do not think would help my problem, because the articles were from early in 2007 and late 2006. Right about the begining of the first release of Vista. I do not recall seeing any articles relating to any problems that were more recent than around Nov. of 2007. But I did not have time to look at all of them. Again, I do not think there may be a connection, but I could be wrong!

In the articles I did read, most of the problems were from upgrading to Vista from XP on the same computer or computers. So that is why, I said that I thought that those articles I found, might not help me.

I also do not know if it could be related to an update. I also read in one of the articles that when one of the people had updated their computer, afterward they experienced the problem. I forget what update they did. So that is another thing to conssider also. They also said about having too many cookies on the computer and rebooting hitting the F8 key to get it into safe mode and then removing all cookies from the start menu after it(the computer) starts up! I did not try that yet to see if it works for me. But it might work for you. THey said it worked for some of them.

Maybe, I will do it now while I am thinking about it and then let you know what happens. But first before I do that I have some things to look up on the internet!

#4 Wyzrd

Wyzrd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Groffeaston I tried googling it to but as you said most people say it has to do with updating to Vista. Well I'm still running on XP.

#5 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hello Wyzrd

I have had Vista since I got my computer, about a year now. So those fixes that I have seen, I do not know if they will work for me or even if they will work for you either. But I thought I would mention them, and that I saw them and see if anyone here knew about them. Also if anyone would know if they would work for us or not. I have not had a chance to try them yet. But I would like to get a "second opinion" to see if anything else might work,or just give them a try, then if does not work try something else.

But I was able to download from the Adobe site previously. Before I reformated my hard-drive and did the Factory Condition Reset, from my one computer problem. So that is what is now puzzling me. Maybe it could have something to do with too many cookies stored on my computer? Could it have something to do with the interaction of the Vista programing and the quality of the internet connection, causing the information to become corrupted somehow, thus causing the error message? I have dial-up internet access that is why I ask. Also sometimes the phone line is not that great in quality. We have a lot of static some days. So could that interfere with the Vista programing trying to download?

#6 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

Hello everyone

I tried to download Adobe 8 again but got the same error as before! When I click on the no proxy button, Internet Explorer Shuts down! Everthing window/Tab that is open gets closed! What the heck is causing this? I saw one thing only had an outbound access to the internet I do not know if that might cause this to happen or not but I will see whaat happens when I try the download again!

#7 Wyzrd

Wyzrd

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

I don't know about my problem but I tried running the program again after like a week. It ran this time with no Visual C++ errors. Not sure what to tell you Groffeaston, hope you can figure out your problem.

#8 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

Hello everyone

Sorry I did not get back to you about my problem. I wanted to wait and try downloading it again to see if it might be just a quirk or something. But I had the same thing happen again. It had mentioned about needing a proxy and an address. When I clicked on "No proxy", it closed all the Internet Explorer windows. Basically closing it down.

This time I tried Dell's service center over the internet. They tried to do a Remote help, but was unable to download the program for them to do it. Because of this problem. So they said to: 1)reset the Internet Explorer settings which I did and 2) start my computer from "selected start-up". And disable all startup programs.

So I tried to download Adobe 8.* again. This time I still got the error message, but when I clicked on "no proxy". I got another error message saying: "Can't establish SSL connection! (12250.333.568.12002)

Ok. Here is something weird! I went back to the Adobe page. I had click to close the the error message. Then it went to the back to the download page. There is a place there on it that says: "Your download should start automatically. if it does not click here." So I clicked there. Guess what? Now it is down loading. Go figure! I had clicked on run when it asked to either "run" or "save". I hope this works.

I still would like to know why I got those error messages! and What they mean! and What caused them! and How to fix them! and how to prevent them from happening again!

Matt "Groffeaston"

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

Do you use a dial-up connection or cable?
As far as Adobe goes, I recommend the alternative
http://www.download.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#10 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hello garmanma

I use dial-up internet access. Believe it or not, this time it worked.

But before I had my previous computer problem,my computer would crash after start-up. I had to completely reformat my hard-drive and do a factory condition reset. I was able to download Adobe 8.0 with no problems. I know some of the settings were changed in the Networking and Sharing Center in the Control Panel area. But now they are back to where they once were. I do not know if anything else was changed and now is back to what it should be or not. Or if there are other changes that had been made when I had to reset my computer! If that may have done anything to have an affect or not.

I know there was part of a tree down on wires and was smoking, earlier this evening down the road from where I live. But I do not think that would have had an affect on the problem. I think the phone company is adding or changing the lines to expand high-speed internet service, further into our area. Especially with all the new home developments going in in the neighboring Townships! That might have an affect on the quality of the phone lines and thus the internet connection.

I think it might have been: 1) something I either did to the settings, 2)one of the anti spyware/malware programs deleted a file or changed the registry or did something to one of the settings Or 3) one of the files or registries is missing information or has a corrupted file or had information moved to a different file or registry or 4) I have a hijacker or someone changing my settings on me through the use of malware. But nothing has shown up on my scans.

What do you think happened?

I am still puzzled as to what happened! Thanks for the other site to download from! Does that work for all downloads?

Matt

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

I had to completely reformat my hard-drive and do a factory condition reset.

It's quite possible that you are missing some drivers since the reinstall
Open Device Manager and click on all of the +'s. Look for yellow exclamation points Those will indicate the problem devices

Edited by garmanma, 09 June 2008 - 07:12 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#12 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 521 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

Hello garmanma

I checked the Device Manager and nothing showed up that has any yellow exclamation points next to them. I even checked the hidden devices to see if there might be anything listed there. But nothing showed up there either with any yellow exclamation points. Usually, if there was, it would show up as soon as I open the Device Manager and it would show which one.

I do not know what else it could be. Unless one of those drivers need to be updated. Would the Device Manager show that?
Or would I have to check them manually?

Matt "Groffeaston"

#13 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

It might be in the way you download. Whenever I download anything, I download it to the Desktop. I then go into Safemode and install it from there, or at the very least shut off all malware programs and my anti-virus and any other programs running in the backround. If you use Spybot S&D, disable Teatimer while downloading and installing. It's been know to screw things up
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users