Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions About Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

Howdy,

I currently have Adobe 8 installed. I see no mention of a Adobe flash player on my computer.(separate listing from Adobe 8)

Is the flash player included in the Adobe 8 program or it it something I should have downloaded separately ?

I have WMP 11 and QuickTime installed. When would Adobe flash player come into play ?

I have seen Adobe 9 flash player mentioned on this forum so I must be behind times.

I suppose the best questions for me to ask are what are the most recent Adobe programs I should download ?

Before downloading should I remove Adobe 8 ?

If I am not being clear, please advise.

XP Home, SP 2, IE-7

Thank You for your time !

Dennis :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

The latest version of Adobe Flash is 9. I believe you are confusing it with the Adobe Reader which is at 8. They're different. If you have an old version of Flash, you need to uninstall it before installing Flash 9. You can find the uninstaller on the Adobe website.

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Thank You for your reply frankp316.

You are correct, I was under the impression that I had some version of Adobe flash player because I have Adobe 8 on my computer. I did not know that their flash player is a separate download.

I looked under "all Programs" and I did not see any version of Adobe Flash.

Under what circumstances does Adobe Flash come into play ?

In other words does it do something different than Winap 11 or QuickTime ?

I read about it on the Adobe site but I am still unclear as to its benefit.

Thanks again,

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

From the site:

Adobe Flash Player is the standard for delivering high-impact, rich Web content. Designs, animation, and application user interfaces are deployed immediately across all browsers and platforms, attracting and engaging users with a rich Web experience...

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Try viewing this site: http://www.broom.org/epic/ols-master.html

If you can't, try downloading flash and see if and how it works for you.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

Thank You for your reply frankp316.

You are correct, I was under the impression that I had some version of Adobe flash player because I have Adobe 8 on my computer. I did not know that their flash player is a separate download.

I looked under "all Programs" and I did not see any version of Adobe Flash.

Under what circumstances does Adobe Flash come into play ?

In other words does it do something different than Winap 11 or QuickTime ?

I read about it on the Adobe site but I am still unclear as to its benefit.

Thanks again,

The simple answer is the vast majority of streaming video sites such as Youtube use Flash and you will need it to view videos there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users