Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want To Use My Ipod Classic 160gb On My Mac Only.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:24 AM

hi guys,

i'm loving how iTunes on my mac can actuallyscroll my 10,500 songs where iTunes on windows couldn't.

Anyway, since my ipod is windows formatted, can i change it to mac format as i will be using it on mac only.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

I would advise that you do. Ive had Windows formatted iPods basically lose all data when being plugged into a Mac. But I think when you do so, youll lose everything thats on your iPod. If you already have it all on your computer, its not a big deal. Otherwise youre gonna want to get one of the many freeware programs to back it up. Personally, I like iPodDisk. It lets you browse through all the artists and albums on your iPod and copy them to another source(probably your hard drive). You need MacFuse for it to work. THeres another program, iPod->Folder that copies everything, instead of you picking and choosing what gets copied. Its an older program, so Im dont know if it works properly on Leopard.
Posted Image

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:47 AM

i managed to use the iPod as a external hard drive to transfer my music (as well as some files) to my mac, but in iTunes it says Format: Windows, i want to format the iPod and have it to Format: Mac. i won't use it with Windows. I was google searching around and i read just click on the reset/restore to whatever and it will format to Mac. I don't care for anything on the iPod, the files are safe on the mac now.

One long process, create my custom playlist again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users