Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Nforce Serial Ata Controller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this question belongs here or not.

But anyway, I was looking at the Device Manager after clicking the Start button in Windows Vista. I was going through the devices and checking to see if they were up to date. Then I came across the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. I looked at the drivers there and I saw: NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Then when I clicked on properties I saw: Enable automatic acoustic management. Under that it said: AAM Value 0-255. And 255 was showing in the box.

Now my questions are; What is Automatic Acoustic Management? What does it do? What does the numbers mean? and If I allow it will that be detrimental to my computer's performance? or If I allow it will it afect any of my computer's files? Should I even worry about changing this?

I have 2 controllers listed. The first controller, has 2 devices listed. At port 0, lists it as a disk drive, ST3160812AS. Then at port 1, lists it as a disk drive, TSST Corp DVD +/- RW TS-H653A. At port 0 that is where the enable Automatic Acoustic Management and an empty box to check is at. At port 1 it just has Let BIO select transfer mode and a box that is checked. the rest is shaded. The second controller has no devices listed.

I hope someone can help me with this or at least give me some information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

Leave it alone and remember-Google is my friend
http://en.wikipedia.org/
It has nothing to do with audio
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hello garmanma

Thanks for the info.

I forgot about googling to see about what it said or to see if there was any information available. I must have had a BRAIN FART! :) :thumbsup: I have been having a lot of them lately! I guess that is what happens when we get old!! :flowers:

By the way my 36th birthday was on May 8th! :cool: :inlove: :P Man! Am I old now!! :trumpet:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

I'm glad you took that as being funny. I was hoping you didn't think it was an insult. Besides, having me look it up, at least there's now 2 of us the knows what it is
36? You're still one of them young whipper-snappers :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users