Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Part Of Sonic Missing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 amyl

amyl

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

I hope this is correct forum.

I was in the "am I infected" forum and followed all the steps to run Malware etc... After doing that I found that I have part of a driver (I guess that is what it's called) for my Sonic (cd/dvd etc.. burner) missing. This already came loaded onto the comp (I don't gave program cd)

Upon opening I get an error that reads "feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert 'Sonic record now data' disc then it says 'please wait while Windows configures Sonic record data' It will not exit when I hit close...it just keeps trying to find the data

Is there a way to recover this? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:33 PM

If it were me, I'd uninstall it totally in Add/Remove programs, then download a better program such as Imgburn
There are other freeware replacements listed HERE
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 amyl

amyl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

If it were me, I'd uninstall it totally in Add/Remove programs, then download a better program such as Imgburn

Do these have same 'functions' as sonic. Like able to burn audio, data, dvd, and vcd? Will I be able to add videos that i created to it and download to dvd?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Product Description
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 amyl

amyl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

i try to do imgburn & media monkey
Aftr it's downloaded there is no option to create/burn audio/dvd cd. I don't see where you can do those. I am blonde!

Do I need the convert (dunno what it's called) program before I can us imgburn or media monkey?

Is there free sites in that list where you don't have to convert your videos b4 you burn?

What I usually did is make a slideshow with music on windows movie maker and just added the video into sonic and burned to dvd. I also used Sonic to burn audio cd. It was rather simple. I am looking for somethig like that!

I am asking a lot aren't I? lol

Edited by amyl, 12 May 2008 - 07:11 PM.

#6 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:35 AM

IMGBURN is more lengthy than sonic. only have it installed in case i happen to wind up with an .img file because that's all it will burn. You can create .img then burn them, but i'd try and fix sonic, bout 100x better imo.

If you go into sonic and click Help and About this software shows you your serial number. You can download it and should work with the key you have, tho it will probably have to be the same version, which may entail going to shady sites, the risk would be yours to assume. I would try grabbing it from the sonic site first since the new version is probably better anyhow.

Edited by smurfgod, 13 May 2008 - 01:43 AM.

#7 amyl

amyl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

IMGBURN is more lengthy than sonic. only have it installed in case i happen to wind up with an .img file because that's all it will burn. You can create .img then burn them, but i'd try and fix sonic, bout 100x better imo.

If you go into sonic and click Help and About this software shows you your serial number. You can download it and should work with the key you have, tho it will probably have to be the same version, which may entail going to shady sites, the risk would be yours to assume. I would try grabbing it from the sonic site first since the new version is probably better anyhow.

When I go click on sonic it just bring up "insert record now disc" There is no option to get my serial no

#8 amyl

amyl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

I contacted Dell and they sending me all the cds for free!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users