Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen/bugs Crawling

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amyl

amyl

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

I am starting this for my friend (this forum already helped me with my XP antivirus). She cannot connect to internet to get to this site.

Gateway--Windows XP

Upon starting...Blue desktop screen appears (with no desktop items) that states 'Spyware is detected' and then after about a min... bugs start crawling and eating the blue screen away.

Is there any steps to take---is there any hope? thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 amyl

amyl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

I am starting this for my friend (this forum already helped me with my XP antivirus). She cannot connect to internet to get to this site.

Gateway--Windows XP

Upon starting...Blue desktop screen appears (with no desktop items) that states 'Spyware is detected' and then after about a min... bugs start crawling and eating the blue screen away.

Any takers?

#3 amyl

amyl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

Gateway--Windows XP

Any takers?

Any suggestions?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

unfortunately on your own thread you never got asked to give some info so you may not have realised/appreciated the need TO give it

we know the comp is on XP , does it have SP2 on it? so that we know what has already been 'done' what antivirus program is protecting it and what other protection programs are on it? when were these all last fully updated and run on full computer scans?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users