Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need To Upgrade My Memory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hello,

This is what I have:

Dell Dimension Dim3000
Intel®
Pentium® 4CPU 3.00 Ghz
2.99 GHz, 512 MB Ram

I am looking at the following 1GB module from Dell and would appreciate if someone would tell me it is looks OK for what I have or should I look elsewhere. It's the second one down.

Dell

thewall
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Dell wants $44.95 for one 512 PC3200 module, Corsair has them for $19.99 each, check them out atNewegg.

That computer is capable of running in dual channel, in order to do this you need two matched modules, they have to have the same specifications. I would go for the two Corsair modules and sell the Dell module.

A side note...you are paying a premium for the Dell part, and the Corsair is every bit as good if not better.

Edited by dc3, 11 May 2008 - 09:50 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 thewall

thewall
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

Thanks a lot dc3, :thumbsup:

I kind of thought there may be something better out there but wanted someone's thoughts who had more expertise in the matter. I am going to go with what you suggested.

thewall
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

Glad to help! :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 thewall

thewall
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

dc3,

Just wanted to add that I went with what you suggested and got it installed today. Also gave me a chance to do some cleaning on it which was due. Works like a charm.

Thanks again, :thumbsup:

thewall

Posted Image

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

It's music to my ears, glad to be of assistance. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users