Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JSW5977

JSW5977

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hello! I have Spylocked on my computer. I have a blue desktop background stating, "Warning! You're in Danger! Your computer is infected with spyware!...Remove all spyware from you PC!" I don't have errors coming up on the screen, but I can't get rid of this with any program.(McAfee, SpyHunter) I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 2 on this computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:01 PM

Try this fix: How to remove SpyLocked and SpywareLocked (Removal Instructions)

Then do a full system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Edited by Budapest, 11 May 2008 - 08:02 PM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 JSW5977

JSW5977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

It's gone. Thank you. There is a lot to learn from here, so I'll be around. Again, thank you!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Now you should Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users