Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitdefender Firewall Will Not Start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cool_Han

Cool_Han

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

I recently downloaded the trial version of BitDefender Internet Security 2008. Since I have installed it I have not been able to enable the Firewall or Stealth mode features. I was having trouble with my firewall before also with Trend Micro Total Security, But that would disable the "manages all components". I'm wondering if their is some kind of malware that is doing this considering it has happened to two separate programs. I am new at this and any help you can give would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

may one ask if you have both BitDefender Internet Security 2008.and Trend Micro Total Security installed ??

#3 Cool_Han

Cool_Han
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hi thanks for responding ruby:) I uninstalled Trendmicro before installing BitDefender

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

can we know what your OS is and what all protection programs you have on there; when did you last fully update it all and run full scans?

#5 Cool_Han

Cool_Han
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition I have Spyware Doctor installed but not running in the background. I have done a scan with Spyware Doctor and yesterday and found nothing. I did an online scan with Bitdefender Yesterday and it came up clean. So I reinstalled Bit defender as recommended by the site. During the installation I received two warning messages that the "miniport for the firewall did not pass Windows Logo Testing". I'm thinking maybe there is a patch I am missing but I can find nothing so far.

#6 Cool_Han

Cool_Han
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

ruby1 thank you for your replies. I have run a second online scan with BitDefender and reinstalled the trial version. This seems to have fixed the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users