Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restricting Printing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:19 PM

Is it possbile to restrict how much is printed on a home printer? My mom's boyfriend and my mom bought thisnew printer and I know its "theres," but he just prints like there is no tomorrow. Since he is a guitar player, he goes to these guitar website and prints off the chords and what not to play them. His printing habbits are so bad, I came home from school one day and I say a stack of paper that was bout 2 inch high with a guitar page on top, and I asked whats that and he and my mom said, "oh thats just some stuff about playing the guitar." I almost freaked out! I mean this is insane! Yesterday I went to print my essay for school and we are already out of frickin' ink, we've only had the printer for one (1) month!!!! This is ridcious! :thumbsup:

Does anybody have any help?

I've even told my mom that she'll have to pay for the ink cause I'm not cause its "her" printer.

Edited by yanowhiz, 29 March 2005 - 09:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xanarki

Xanarki

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:32 PM

Ever try unplugging the printer and then plugging it back in when you need it?

This situation sounds pretty funny, but he might wear out the printer.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:51 PM

I could do that, but its kinda of a hassel, cause we have cats, and we've got a cardboard box (with a bleep load of stuff ontop of it, and its on a table with the router (for our cable) underneath of it) around our fancy printer (scanner, copier and printer), because of our stupid cats. We've gone through 4 printers in less than 6 months because of the cats. And I really don't want anything to happen to this new printer because its very helpful for copier stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users