Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help? Infected And Dont Know What To Do(desperate)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ferrari51592

ferrari51592

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

Hi guys, My computer is infected by a winself.exe and a wmsdkns.exe right now, googled them and there both trojans and i'm tried to fix them except that i can't get to safe mode w/F8 and can't do it the run method because my computer is so slow and freezes(task manager says CPU Usage=100%). Another thing they do is block my internet, so i cant get onto the internect. I've ran both avg and spybot and neither detects the viruses. I really dont know what to do and am desperate please help.
thanks

Edited by ferrari51592, 11 May 2008 - 03:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

can somebody please answer or answer why no one has answered
please help

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

can somebody please answer or answer why no one has answered
please help

with respect you have only recently posted your request for help on the board ;every one on here is here voluntarily and members will go to threads they might be able to help with

now; to help us help YOU we need to know your windows version, exactly what anitvirus program is installed and what other protection programs are on board; when were they all last fully updated and run on full deep scans?
when did you last manage to go to the microsoft windows update site and get your patches from them?
exactly which 'program ' has told you you ARE infected?

#4 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

i'm so sorry about that i'm just a little desperate, but here is the info: I have Windows XP service pack 1 and i have avg (free edition) and spybot search and destroy. Neither has told me i am infected but my desktop has one of those fake blue infected screens and also i looked up on the task manager and googled every process and those two were the harmful ones(winself.exe and wmsdkns.exe). also like i said before neither program detected anything so i dont what to do. Any ideas?

thanks

Edited by ferrari51592, 11 May 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hello,
First of all you should install service pack 2 as it will eliminate the serious openess to such malwares as this. That is why it was produced.
Please disable spybot during this fix. You may turn it back on after.

Now you will need to run this tool How to use SDFix. Tell how the PC is running after the fix.

The SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Hello,
First of all you should install service pack 2 as it will eliminate the serious openess to such malwares as this. That is why it was produced.

Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply.

the problem w/this is that one of the viruses doesn't let me reboot in safe mode like i said previously?

Edited by ferrari51592, 11 May 2008 - 10:01 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

You can not run the SDFix either?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

ok i have to download most of the stuff from another computer because i only have dial up right now so i cant download huge files so i'll do all this stuff tommorrow and answer back tomorrow ok, but thanks so much I'll have everything you asked for by tommorrow night
thanks a lot man, please check in tommorrow night thanks

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Ok let us know ..maybe you should print out the instructions while on that other PC, make life easier...

#10 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Ok I donwloaded Windows Service Pack 2and sdfix but i cant run sdfix because it says i have to be in safe mode. what next?
Thanks

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

OK at least you have that.
You are going to have to go thru the Malware removal forum as they will get you thru the safe mode issue. You never want to force safe node.

Please follow the instructions in this tutorial for posting a HijackThis Log.
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

After you have created it,post the log here HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal and NOT in this topic,thanks.

Click on New Topic and copy/paste the entire log into the reply. Give it a relevant title. Mention also that you can not boot into safe mode.
Once you have posted the log DO NOT reply to it or change it until contacted or advised to do so by the HJT Team tech.
Should you have any other questions about this ask those here.

In the event that you Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users