Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding Comments To Pdf Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hello guys. I usually have to work with PDF files, and I oftenly need to add comments to the files. Until now, I normally printed the file, because I didn't have my computer all the time with me, but now I am moving with it most of the time.
Now, I use Acrobat Reader 8 to read those files, and even though i can see the 'comments' button, it doesn't allow me to make any comments, just see them. I think this is because the level of security of the document, but I am not sure.

My question is, is it possible to make comments regardless the level of security of the document? Or whichever is the reason, how could I leave notes and comments in a PDF doc?
Thanks ppl
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

Only if the author of the document gives the option for allowing comments

"When the PDF author has enabled these capabilities in Acrobat 8 Professional or Adobe LiveCycle software, Adobe Reader 8 reviewers will be alerted that the document is enabled for review and markup. A “How To” pane will automatically open with instructions on how to use the commenting and markup tools to add comments to the file. You can always hide the How To pane if you do not need it. You will also notice a commenting toolbar. This toolbar will allow you to mark up and comment on the document as well as return your comments to the sender for efficient consolidation."-Adobe
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

Foxit Reader 2.3 for Windows An exclusive small and fast PDF Reader!

The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader:Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 2.55 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 petocities

petocities
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

thanks a lot animal, I saw people recommending this program in other posts, but i was not sure if it could satisfy this specific need.
I'll check it out!

Edited by jgweed, 12 May 2008 - 01:43 PM.
deleted unneeded quotation. jgw

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users