Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Movies To Cd Or Dvd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bernee

Bernee

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

I have downloaded some movies in my computer hard disk. How can I transfer these to CD or DVD so I can view these on my DVD player?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

More than likely they'll have to be converted to a video format first using something like ConvertXtoDVD. (My recommended program.) It can convert many kinds of movie files. . Then the conversion is burned to disk. I've read where there are some DVD players that will play an .avi that's been burned to a CD, but it would have to be one of the newer models.

Many burning programs will also burn a movie to a cd, but again, I think the dvd player has to be compatible for that too.

Edited by mommabear, 11 May 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#3 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

If your DVD player has the DIVX logo on it it will play .avi and you can just burn as data dvd and it will pick it up. you can get crazy amounts of video on a divx disc. got 36 half hour episodes of my kid's shows on one disk lol

**edit for typos**

Edited by smurfgod, 18 May 2008 - 03:52 PM.

#4 dayat

dayat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

does anyone know what is the format that vcd player can play?i want to burn movie into cd but i dont know whether the vcd player can play the format

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users