Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error On Startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

The last few times I've started my computer, it's produced the following error:

"***Warning:H/W Monitor Status Abnormal***
Please enter the SETUP to check Voltage , Fan Speed or Temperature Status"

I need to press F1 and then I can go into Windows XP and use it as normal with no noticeable difference.

I can't think of anything I've done to cause this error to appear. Please can someone tell me what I should do about it?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

Follow instructions.

Go into the BIOS...check the settings described...the system seems to think that there is a problem and is prodding you to check it out.

If it's a fan speed or system temperature problem, it could prove seriously damaging to the system.

Louis

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

Hi Louis,

I've just restarted it a couple of times and it doesn't seem to be producing the error any more which is odd. It's not quite as hot and humid right now as it has been the last couple of days. I don't know if that could be the reason.

Here's what was listed under 'Hardware Monitor' under BIOS:

CPU Q-Fan Control [Disabled]
Chassis Q-Fan Control [Disabled]
Vcore Voltage [ 1.32V]
3.3V Voltage [ 3.69V]
5V Voltage [ 4.78V]
12V Voltage [ 12.16V]

CPU Temperature 45C
M/B Temperature 44C
CPU Fan Speed 3325 RPM
CHA_FAN1 Speed 0 RPM
CHA_FAN2 Speed 0 RPM
CPU Fan Speed Warning [600 RPM]

Does that all look normal?

Thanks,
Joe

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

Hi, Joe :thumbsup:.

Those temps look "normal" to me, ranges vary but I don't see any danger in those. Ditto for the voltage readings.

The fan data...is hard for me to interpret, since I don't know how many fans are installed in the system and I find that system software for recording such tends to vary, system by system.

I rely on physical (just take a look) confirmation that my system fans are working as they should. Every system should have at least 2 fans and there is no limit on the number which can be inside a case. In my mind, the one on the CPU is the most important and that appears to be working properly.

I'm not knowledgeable to really add anything more useful :flowers:. Hold on for some input from others who are better qualified to give you suggestions that will help you clarify your situation, thanks :trumpet:.

Louis

#5 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:44 AM

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your help. The fans all appear to be working OK, and I haven't had the error for a couple of days ago. I think it might have just been the very hot weather we've been having here recently.

Thanks again,
Joe

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:21 AM

Keep an eye on it...and post back if you start having problems :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users