Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Horrible Infection

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica1715

Jessica1715

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

Hi, I'm new to this but I believe this is the right forum to post in. If it isn't, I severely apologize.

Once before I got infected with some kind of malware or adware, and I couldn't get it off and I didn't have the money to take it into a professional to get it cleaned. After about three weeks my anti-virus program found it on its own and deleted it. Unfortunately, I don't have three weeks again to wait for it to go away. It may not even go away as far I know. I'm in severe need of help.

I'm currently on a Dell with Windows XP installed on it.

I have tried running Spybot and AdAware, along with my Norton. Norton doesn't find anything, but Spybot and AdAware do. When I fix the problems they keep regenerating themselves, making it seemingly impossible to get rid of them. I've also tried this in safemode and it didn't work.

The files seem to be things such as 2020 Search and 180 Solutions.

I don't have much knowledge about logs and things on computers, but these are the sort of things I am getting:

http://i26.tinypic.com/658jdf.png

http://i32.tinypic.com/308cs37.png

http://i31.tinypic.com/2zz7o9f.png

http://i26.tinypic.com/evapw0.png

http://i30.tinypic.com/2vjszmw.png

http://i26.tinypic.com/29wtyly.png

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, I really appreciate it.

-Jessica

Edited by Jessica1715, 11 May 2008 - 11:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062

run MBAM and post the scan please

I would keep spybot for immunize and sd helper

Adaware doesn't seem to do much good anymore

Please make sure teatimer is unloaded before any fixes are attempted
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Jessica1715

Jessica1715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

I think it worked!! My computer is functioning normally now. Thank you so much. Here is the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.12
Database version: 739

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 46600
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 35
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 5
Files Infected: 70

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmsdkns.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ffffffff-bbbb-4146-86fd-a722e8ab3489} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{e4e3e0f8-cd30-4380-8ce9-b96904bdefca} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{fe8a736f-4124-4d9c-b4b1-3b12381efabe} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{c9c5deaf-0a1f-4660-8279-9edfad6fefe1} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\popcaploader.popcaploaderctrl2 (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\popcaploader.popcaploaderctrl2.1 (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{df780f87-ff2b-4df8-92d0-73db16a1543a} (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{15651c7c-e812-44a2-a9ac-b467a2233e7d} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{622cc208-b014-4fe0-801b-874a5e5e403a} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{66186f05-bbbb-4a39-864f-72d84615c679} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{66186f05-bbbb-4a39-864f-72d84615c679} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9c5b2f29-1f46-4639-a6b4-828942301d3e} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ffff0001-0002-101a-a3c9-08002b2f49fb} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{00000250-0320-4dd4-be4f-7566d2314352} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{13197ace-6851-45c3-a7ff-c281324d5489} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e1075f4-eec4-4a86-add7-cd5f52858c31} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e7bd74f-2b8d-469e-92c6-ce7eb590a94d} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5929cd6e-2062-44a4-b2c5-2c7e78fbab38} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5dafd089-24b1-4c5e-bd42-8ca72550717b} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5fa6752a-c4a0-4222-88c2-928ae5ab4966} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8674aea0-9d3d-11d9-99dc-00600f9a01f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{965a592f-8efa-4250-8630-7960230792f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{cf021f40-3e14-23a5-cba2-717765728274} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{fc3a74e5-f281-4f10-ae1e-733078684f3c} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{90a52f08-64ac-4dc6-9d7d-4516670275d3} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{90a52f08-64ac-4dc6-9d7d-4516670275d3} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MsSecurity1.209.4 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaHoldings (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Juan (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\downloader.downloaderctrl.1 (Adware.2020search) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TrafficEngine (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\wmsdkns.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\T5QaSQ (Unknown.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\stc (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Sysmnt (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JessicaH\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rabio (Adware.Rabio) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\82.tmp (Adware.PurityScan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\A.tmp (Adware.PurityScan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\stc\csv5p070.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Sysmnt\Ssmgr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JessicaH\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Check Now.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JessicaH\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Uninstall.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmsdkns.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\lfn.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avifile32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avisynthex32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\aviwrap32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bjam.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bokja.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\browserad.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cdsm32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\changeurl_30.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\didduid.ini (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msa64chk.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msapasrc.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mspphe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\123messenger.per (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mssvr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ntnut.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\saiemod.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpl.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\stcloader.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\swin32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\voiceip.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\winsb.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSNSA32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntnut32.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocpe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SIPSPI32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WER8274.DLL (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\id53.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search2.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\apphelp32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asferror32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asycfilt32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\athprxy32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvaa32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvag32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\audiosrv32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\autodisc32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\licencia.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\telefonos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\textos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cssrss.exe (Backdoor.Knocker) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sft.res (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winfrun32.bin (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stfv.bin (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secuity_center_logo.gif (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\icon_warning.gif (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\header_bg.gif (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\close_icon.gif (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\alert_icon.gif (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gtv_sd.bin (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fuamfu32.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlkkj.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\31.tmp (Heuristics.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ClickToFindandFixErrors_RON.ico (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b138.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\detect.htm (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\s_detect.htm (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\wml.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\vxddsk.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JessicaH\Local Settings\Temp\ie.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JessicaH\Local Settings\Temp\msiexec.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

I wouldn't assume it's fixed yet, that was a fairly heavy infection

after rebooting and running for a while it may start to come back

the words root or back raise a red flag in a description/name of the malware
Chewy

#5 Jessica1715

Jessica1715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

Sorry, a family crisis drew me away from the computer for a bit.

Anyways, I had scanned it three times over a three day period and nothing came up, my brother (who had been using my computer) said nothing popped up. So, it was good for about a week or so.

Today I logged on and after hanging around for a while, it came back. I tried running the program again that I used previously, however when it gets to the part of quarantining it, it locks up and says the program has an error. Do I need to redownload it, or is there another course of action I can take?

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

Be sure and update nortons and MBAM

run a scan in safe mode with norton's

but first I want you to do this, hopefully it's not too late

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=825487
Chewy

#7 Jessica1715

Jessica1715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

I did everything that you suggested, and it's still there. Now it has locked me out of the new antispyware programs, and gives them errors. And Norton didn't find anything, which confuses me even more. Although, whenever I try to run the antispyware programs, I also get an error for Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger. I don't know what that is, and I haven't had any errors for it before.

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

sdfix is a powerful program, I would print the directions out and follow them exactly
Chewy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users