Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Send To Menu Addition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stupidcomputer

stupidcomputer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hi all, I did a search and couldn't find this info, so if it's already a question that's been asked sorry for the repeat.

I have a very simple question: How do I add to the send-to menu? I used it frequently on my old computer but have never used it on my new on, and have since forgotten.

The send to menu I'm talking about is the one where I right click on an object on the desk top (or anywhere else) and it gives me a list of things to send the file/picture to. I want to add a printer and another drive.

Thanks so much in advance. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hi stupidcomputer, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Just create a shortcut to the location and place it in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\SendTo replacing username with the your username. To create a shortcut, just right-click on the file, drive, or printer in question and click the "Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)" option under the Send To menu.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 10 May 2008 - 06:57 PM.

#3 stupidcomputer

stupidcomputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

Thanks so much!!!!!

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

No problem, that's why we're here! :thumbsup:

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 11 May 2008 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users