Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Provider Load Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Priester

Michael Priester

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hi all:

I have a small VB program called "SysRestorePoint" that allows you to use "Scheduled Tasks" to create manual restore points for Windows XP SP-2.

I setup the new program in scheduled tasks and open the advanced settings once I'm finished to make sure that the "run only if logged in" option is checked so that the program will run. Once I have it set up, I do an "test run" to makes sure that it will create the manual restore point.

I can create a manual restore point itself by starting System Restore, but the SysRestorePoint program runs it automatically at a scheduled time. Whenever the program runs, however, from Scheduled Tasks it fails and I get a "provider load failure" from scheduled tasks. I have tried 10 or so third party programs, and whenever they run, I get the same "provider load failure" error message. As mentioned, I can create a manual restore point from within System Restore itself, but any attempt to schedule a restore point using any third party program fails. Any ideas?

Thanks;
Michael Priester

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm

Could be file corruption...could be inappropriate version.

For me, anytime I have problems with a particular program (not the O/S), I do the uninstall/reinstall routine and hope that solves. Seems to work many times.

Looking up that error, it seems to me that it occurs in programs/instances where something is attempted and permissions issues arise. Not sure this is the case with you, but you can take a look at the instances (none of which point to your VB script): [post="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=provider+load+failure&btnG=Google+Search"]Provider Load Error[/post] .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 May 2008 - 11:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users