Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blackberry Software?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi Anyone,

Just the question in the title. I am having the hardest time trying to get my Vista Ultimate to except BlackBerry's software.

I've used the software and I am using the software on my XP instillation. But, I don't want to have to keep changing between OS to use the BlackBerry software for downloading pics from my cell phone to my PC.

I've repeatedly tried installing the BlackBerry software to my new OS Vista Ultimate on my new custom built PC but it just wont take. I've used my CD instillation disk and I've used the BlackBerry site latest download. It just won't take.

I keep getting this error: "2738 Could not access VB script run time for Custom Action."

I've tried both Typical and Custom instillations with the same error result.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is happening here and if there is a solution and what that might be?

Thank you.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

I've used the BlackBerry site latest download. It just won't take.

Could you provide a link to where you downloaded it from? Are you sure everything is compatible with vista?
Did you purchase your blackberry from RIM? Can you give us the make and model of the device
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hi,

It's all taken care of. I had to already do a total re-install of my Vista and the BlackBerry software was the first I tried to install on the Vista Instillation and it took.

So, I'm all set with the BlackBerry software for now.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users