Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted Recycle Bin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anikah

anikah

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

I accidentally deleted the Recycle Bin on the Desktop. How do I get it back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

From what I know, it's not possible to delete the Recycling Bin. Are you sure it wasn't a shortcut?
Try this.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810869
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 anikah

anikah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

I went to the Change desktop icons screen and saw that Recycle Bin was unchecked. I checked it and it reappeared on the Desktop.

Thanks to all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users