Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Akuseru

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

(I actually had to have someone ELSE post this, because I couldn't post it here, or on many other different forums.)

My connection issues started with my realtek rtl8139 eithernet connector dying, (It keeps trying to connect, but after a minute or two, it always says limited or no conectivity, that's another problem that would be nice to fix, because that would probably fix all of this.) So, I went back to using my mainboard connection, which seemed to work for awhile, but has a number of problems, including;

It won't let me log on msn, or yahoo messenger, it won't let me access my aol or hotmail, but it'll SOMETIMES let me use yahoo, it won't let me use userplane.com's chats, everytime I try, my browser completely freezes, when I try to test my connection, http://www.speedtest.net/ only works till the upload, and http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ refuses to work at all.. There's also a general slowness with downloading, when I used to get 200kb/s for something, I'd now get 20kb/s on the same thing. I've tried everything, including reformatting, nothing works. I couldn't even log in here to post, it froze on the send post button, I had to get someone else to do it.

But I would keep getting messages from people on other sources of msn that worked "like Meebo", but often times, My messages wouldn't go though. Which makes me think, in addition to the speedtest.com tests, that I have a problem with my upload, not that I know how to fix it any better than before...

Edited by Akuseru, 10 May 2008 - 12:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

HI :thumbsup: you say you have reformatted? what IS your OS? do you mean you have completley reinstalled your OS from a valid and original CD with licence key? AND having so done you STILL cannot connect to the internet?

who IS your ISP and may one ask what is your antivirus protection and other protection programs on there? maybe you have a clash that IS preventing things from happening?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users