Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp, Outlook Folders Savings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nando37

Nando37

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

This is my first message to the group, so Hello to all and thanks to all .

I have a problem with Win XP, I had a major crash that forced me to re-install Win XP, and I was able to save some of the data, like the Outlook folders ( .dbx) that I need to install in the new re-installed Outlook Express.

The only saved data is all the ( .dbx ) extension folders, including the FOLDERS.DBX

I can not find how to do it

Can somebody give me the steps to install the folders and them to appear under the new outlook express.

Thanks in advance to all that can assist me

Nando37

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nando37

Nando37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Members, I have found the solution to my problem.

called FILE > IMPORT >MESSAGES > MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 > Checked IMPORT MAIL FROM AN OE6 STORE DIRECTORY , a BROWSING WINDOW APPEARED which I directed to the address where all the ( .dbx) files were located and set the downloadd which occurred well and integrated with the messages already in the new OUTLOOK EXPRESS FOLDER.

Regards

Nando

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,884 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

Feedback appreciated...that's the same technique which I use to import OE files from a different install or time period.

One of several simple guides on importing/saving email/WAB: http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_move_my_outloo...ew_machine.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users