Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Entry,

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chandannasta

chandannasta

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:44 AM

Guys for data entry for a big thing to type suppose a whole book of encyclopedia to type in 14 days is like sitting 24 hrs non stop and typing right. Is there any software which can just type the way we want and submit it to the hierarchy's and there should be not a single mistake in it otherwise the money gets deducted.

Guys just want to know if it is then how much it will cost and is that software available in Mumbai. If yes then where and the other thing are there any people in bleeping forum doing data entry job, then if you were given the same task to perform then how would u have done it would like to know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Hi, chandannasta.

I have no idea what you just said. Could you perhaps make it a bit clearer?

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

Hello chandannasta,

Let's see if I understand you correctly.

You have a huge task that involves data entry.

You would like to be able to type the data with errors.

You want a software program that would detect the errors and automatically correct them.

If my interpretation is incorrect, then please clarify what you mean.

If my interpretation is correct please let us know. There is to my knowledge NO program that can do this with perfect accuracy. That is because the computer has no way of knowing what is on the hard-copy, and it cannot think or consider context. I have heard that there are programs that are quite a bit better than MS-Word with prose-type text, but they are not perfect. However, I also heard that said programs are hideously expensive. I do not know the names of them.

The best way of producing error-free text or data is to type it error-free in the first place. Also, go back and proof-read for errors, but go backward word-by-word to defeat the prediction process of the brain that causes one to overlook typos. Of course, this fails if you right the wrong word instead of the write word. (misspellings intentional). :flowers: So, go forward again to see if you have written words that were not the intended words.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup: in how to proofread teacher mode
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users