Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Defrag Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crystal_june

crystal_june

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

I am trying to run analyze/defrag on my dad's dial up computer, but I keep getting an error that reads "defragmentation of (c:) has been aborted due to inconsistencies in detected in the filesystem. Please run CHKDSK OR SCANDISK on (C:) to repair these inconsistencies, then run defrag again.

I have tried to find and run chkdsk and scandisk but can not search out scandisk and can not figure out how to run the chckdsk that I found. I have downloaded and ran super anti spyware and got nothing.

I apologize if I am duplicating a post, but I couldn't read too many past post without turning gray (I am on dial up).

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

This article explains how to run the CHKDSK.

I'm just curious here, how large is the hdd, and how much free space do you have on it?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users