Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Malware.j Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 olaf

olaf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

hi.
my laptop has been infected with a virus called 'new malware.j', its located at C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\svchost.exe on my computer.
when i scan my computer with mcafee, it finds the virus but cannot delete or quarentine it.
ive scanned my computer with other software like reg cure and xoft spy se, but they dont even recognise the virus.
i have looked at lots of forums and researched the virus on the internet and it seems lots of people have the same virus, but no one is helping them remove it.
perhapse no one has found a way to remove it yet...
any help with this would be greatly appreciated as the virus is totally screwing things up on my laptop.
thank you,
olaf

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

would you run this MBAM scan and post a log please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users