Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista And Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bleemster

Bleemster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

I know a few people have had this problem but not seen an answer and why this is occuring.

When you are on vista (ultimate) casually doing anything random, after maybe an hour or a few days the DNS server error comes up. Ive tried repairing the connection but still nothing.

I am running off a linksys wireless router, on virginmedia cable modem. the other laptops connection still works when the other drops out so i know its not the router or modem problem.

The only way i am aware of (which is seriously inconvienient) is to reboot the PC. grrr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

You can try clearing your DNS cache and see if that helps.....

Open a command prompt....from the Start menu, select Run > In the box/"open field", type cmd.exe

type or copy and paste ipconfig /flushdns press 'enter'

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users