Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Waterpologuard

Waterpologuard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Ok well when i play a game all of a sudden the graphics will go glitchy and everything will freeze. After it freezes it will either stay like that or restart the computer automatically.
I'm not sure if it's a virus from something called TexMod (anyone heard of it)
I did a system restore and it's still acting up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

Hi Waterpologuard and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.com

What is your graphics card and what game are you playing when it happens? Or is it any game? Some have higher requirements.
Have you tried to check on an upgrade for the driver for you graphics card? Also, how much system memory do you have?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:55 AM

I suggest that you [post="http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm"]Disable Auto Reboot[/post] as a first step to getting some useful data about what is occurring.

Louis

#4 Waterpologuard

Waterpologuard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

Well my graphcis are fine I mean I've played these games for about a year now with no problem,
It's just recent...and the only things i've downloaded lately was Ventrilo and TexMod,
Basically I'm just wndering if it's a virus from one of those 2

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

If your only concern is if there was a virus, upload a copy of each download to the form at this link: http://virusscan.jotti.org/
It'll scan each file and will tell you if it thinks there was a virus there.

Normally viruses don't "hose" your video display like you mention. More often it's either a hardware or software/driver issue. Drivers can be corrupted by changing settings or installing programs, and sometimes hardware just fails. The Blue Screen error message info (from the Disable Auto Reboot link from hamluis) will help to diagnose it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users