Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me Fix This Bleeping Error: Sorry, We Couldn't Find Http://ad.yieldmanager.com/st%3fad_type.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 psburtis

psburtis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hey all:

I'm a college student, and haven't really been having a problem with this until recently when i tried to log on to my favorite guitar tabs website, and now its war. Can someone help me out with this, or at least point me in the right direction?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ron Devito

Ron Devito

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

"ad.yieldmanager.com" is spy/ad/malware and this sounds like the remnant from a botched removal.

So right from the top, I'd suggest installing and using Spybot Search and Destroy. Be sure to run it in safe mode (without networking).

I'd also run a full antivirus scan -- from safe mode -- for good measure to be sure your machine not infected with anything.

#3 psburtis

psburtis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

thanks. how do i get my computer into safe mode?? i am running windows xp...

#4 Tokek

Tokek

Bleepin' Gecko

• Members
  • 1,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

Reboot your PC and press F8 as your computer is in the process of loading up windows.
If I have not replied back to your post in 3 days, please send me a PM.

Posted Image

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

to further help you may we know your installed antivirus program and what other protection programs you have on board, when were they all last fully updated and run on full computer scans? then we can suggest other appropriate tools for you to run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users