Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Know Im Infected. Windows Security Shut Off, No Internet, Several Trojans.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 J-son

J-son

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

I know im infected. First of all, I ALWAYS have the little windows security alerts telling me that my virus protection is not found, and that windows defender is off. When I try to turn either one of them on it fails. Also, I use avira antivir, usually its on and running fine (although windows security center still reports that it isn't) but right now its off. I can't turn it on because the "enable on-guard protection" is greyed out from avira, and safe mode / restarting doesn't fix it. I am using vista ultimate.

Second, I've run TrojanHunter 5 (is this a legit program?) last night and it detected several trojans: Generic.Agent.C and Generic.PolyCrypt. Dangerous trojans? The thing is that the Generic.Agent.C is my Alcohol 120% which I've used all the time and is a very important program for me. When I healed it alcohol stopped working, so I rolled back the system so I still have that trojan, which im not sure if its a threat or a false alarm or what.

Third, I can't receive wireless internet. Im using my friends laptop right now and im connected to the same wireless network, I just can't get it on my desktop anymore. My windows network center, and my sidebar all say im connected with excellent signal strength, but I can't connect to the internet, I can't connect to my router adress, and I can't even ping the router.

Im not sure if this is the cause of the internet problem, but yesterday when I got home from school I was searching for spyware and virus scanners and I came across this guys post: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...02115550AANSmcm . Although im not having a sidebar problem, I thought id try some of the malware/spyware removal tools somebody suggested. So I clicked on the links for the superantispyware, spywareterminater, afterdawn, and vinduflux. Thats when my internet stopped working. Today I came home from school and my internet was working, so I thought id give those same links a try again, and my internet crashed again with the same results. Can somebody tell me if its my computer or if its those links or whats going on here?

I was going to post my HJT log file but It looks like its not allowed in this forum so I should post it in the other forum.

System details: q6600, 8800gt, abit ip35 pro, samsung f1 750gb, 4gb ddr2 800, vista x64 ultimate. let me know if you need more details.

Somebody please help me out, I know its a long read please don't give up on me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi; superantispyware is compatible with Vista
does your computer even boot up?

antivirus programs now installed

avira antivir

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

'includes Antivirus protection '

if you get a computer problem it is normally a better idea to try the programs you HAVE then seek help from a forum and NOT grab what maybe inappropriate toole etc from help on someone else thread somewhere
may I suggest if the comp DOES boot up you remove spyware hunter then see if you can run your main antivirus program?
and from where did you download trojan hunter?

#3 J-son

J-son
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

yes my computer boots up fine. I never actually downloaded superantispyware or spywraterminater or vinduflux or that afterdawn link thing, my internet crashed both times when I tried to go to those links.

Do you think trojan hunter is a fake program? I have no idea where I downloaded it from, its been on my pc for a while. I has an "on guard trojan protection" that I've been using although that was the first time I had ever run a full trojan scan using trojan hunter.

OK I removed trojan hunter and restarted and nothing has changed. Im still getting security alerts and I still can't enable avira and I still don't have internet.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:43 PM

Hello

Now that you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145930/im-infected-with-several-trojans-and-who-knows-what-else/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users