Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is The Number One Thing...?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

Hehe got some time today to be able to be on the computer so I decided to post and see what you guys think.

What do you think is the number one thing that annoys you the most?

Me...? Hmm...

I dunno, Either when people talk about computers and they clearly have no clue what in the world they are saying. Or...
When thier trying to help they always take drastic mesures such as, " My sound cards not working what do I do? " " Buy a new computer"
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

do you mean things that have to do with computers? because the number one thing for me is Microsoft. Period. I am not grateful to them, I do not endorse anything they put their name on.
Of course, I have a pc. and I run Windows xp. That could be the problem. :thumbsup:

Now, outside of computers: TV shows about the lives of the stars. They make me want to throw bleach in my own eyes for even glancing at them!
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

#3 Garric

Garric

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

for me, with computers... it is spam mail, but also people who act really immature on forums. It can get annoying sometimes.

not with computers... my ex-girlfriend's voice... god, why did i ever...?

#4 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

No, just in general.

Computers are my thing so it naturally annoys me when people have no idea what thier talking about.

"The processor latches onto the hard drive"

Yeah right. Good luck with that.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#5 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

my present girlfriends voice!
Na, really i'd have to say either going to work or the "I just pwned ur @** newb" kids infecting every FPS i've tried.

on a sidenote maybe harddrives don't make such good CPU sockets, but they're pretty wicked lil frisbees

Edited by smurfgod, 08 May 2008 - 02:48 PM.

#6 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

So... do processors not latch onto hard drives?

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

People who now it all :thumbsup: This is Bleeping Computer help and discussion for the novice user after all!

#8 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Computers are my thing so it naturally annoys me when people have no idea what thier talking about.

Well, you weren't born a computer genius. It's all learning until we understand :thumbsup: Heck I remember that December 2007 I had no idea what a firewall is.

What makes me in beserk mode is... watching those weird "PG" literature movies like Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream, The Odessey, etc. movies where I need to look away from the screen multiple times due to... "suggestive" scenes. I hate romance. :S Kinda stupid, but still.

I echo Sharonsthere... do processors latch onto hard drives? XD Hardware is not my thing.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Like what annoys me, you know, is like you know people who like you know use like and you know every other word. Especially when I see an interview with someone and the person answers with you know 100 times. If I were interviewing that person, I would have to yell at him or her NO YOU IDIOT, I DON'T KNOW. THAT'S WHY I ASKED!!!!!

#10 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

QE, you're like, right. you know.

#11 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

QE, you're like, right. you know.

Like, totally. :thumbsup:
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#12 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

One of... of of... the... the general things that annoys me the... the most is when people... speak haltingly (deliberately) and... and... then do it excessively to... to... make their speech sound more important than it... it... it is.

I just can't stand it!

Edited by Juha, 08 May 2008 - 10:56 PM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:30 PM

One of... of of... the... the general things that annoys me the... the most is when people... speak haltingly (deliberately) and... and... then do it excessively to... to... make their speech sound more important than it... it... it is.

I just can't stand it!

Well...stated...captian Kirk! :thumbsup:

One of my big gripes are the intellectual giants that when asked to speak their mind have to resort to a mime routine. :flowers:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#14 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

Well, you weren't born a computer genius. It's all learning until we understand :thumbsup: Heck I remember that December 2007 I had no idea what a firewall is.

What makes me in beserk mode is... watching those weird "PG" literature movies like Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream, The Odessey, etc. movies where I need to look away from the screen multiple times due to... "suggestive" scenes. I hate romance. :S Kinda stupid, but still.

I echo Sharonsthere... do processors latch onto hard drives? XD Hardware is not my thing.

Yeah yeah yeah... I know I wasn't born a genis, Still aren't one now... But I alwyas kept my lips shut when it wasn't anything I knew.

Haha Processors go into the socket onto the motherboard.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 09 May 2008 - 08:12 AM.

#15 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

Smilies.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users