Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Home

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ingilaz

ingilaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

Hi Everybody,

My Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop is not booting. When i press the start button all the lights flash and go off. Hardisk light stay on for a while.Power light stay on. Nothing on the screen. I can hear HD is spinning. Nothing else. i thought it was memory problem bought a new module. still same.put extra monitor.No differences. Laptop got integrated Memory on the motherboard.i put extra 256 mb.
is there anybody who can help me.

Thanks alot

INGILaz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

Worth considering: [post="http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6031733.html"]When XP Won't Boot[/post]

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,006 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi ingilaz, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Have you tried booting from a bootable CD? If you can boot from the CD then you either have a problem with the OS or a hdd problem. You can narrow this down by downloading the diagnostic tool from the manufacturer of the drive and booting from this to run the test. For either of these you may have to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first item seen.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users