Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oversized Graphics, Not Related To Monitor Resolution.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ruadotcom

ruadotcom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:40 AM

Images (those on webpages and graphic displays like a Trillian instant message window or the Warcraft launcher box) are showing up at something like one and a half times their normal size. It's altered the appearance of everything from the way warcraft looks in game to the size of user icons on livejournal, and the size of the menu bars in IE.

I'm reasonably certain it isn't the monitor resolution, as I checked it and it's still set at 1280*768 like always. I tried setting it to a couple different settings and putting it back to see if it would somehow refresh itself, but nothing changed. I tried playing with the DPI settings as well, but that only changed the appearance of text size, increasing or shrinking it as I raised or lowered the DPI.

I also tried windows restore to a time last week, when the graphics were normal, but it changed nothing.

The only setting I've changed on my computer in the past week was to disable the ATI "CLIStart.exe", as I was receiving CCC.exe errors at shutdown and that was the recommended action on several sites. But the images didn't change until two reboots and the following day after I did that. My computer was fine when I got up in the morning, I turned it off, went to work, and when I booted it up ten hours later when I got home, BAM, weirdly sized graphics.

I restored catalyst control center's ability to preload at startup back on, but several reboots and two days later images are still the wrong size. I used CCC to restore factory defaults on my card's settings, in case turning it off somehow changed something, but that didn't do anything either.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 graphics card and Win XP Professional. My monitor is a Westinghouse L1975NW 19″ Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

I think I'd remove all my ATI installed drivers/software...and just try again. Possible file corruption, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users